Identification infrastructures for citizens and public servants are essential for the Public Administration. The eGovernment requires developing critical infrastructures that provide citizens with identification and electronic signature mechanisms for being able to conduct secure exchanges with government agencies.
Safelayer PKI Offering: Complete and Proven technology
Safelayer's PKI credentials management products provides all the necessary components for deploying an infrastructure of advanced electronic certification services that comprises:
- Electronic citizen card (Citizen eID) and electronic passport (ePassport)
- Civil servant electronic identification & Government PKIs
- Military degree PKI for Defense and Security Agencies
Safelayer's technology is used in one of the largest citizen identification infrastructures, the Spanish eID card (DNIe), which has a scope of up to 40 million cards. Safelayer successfully deployed government PKIs in Europe and Latin America in countries including Estonia, France, Belgium, Portugal, Morocco, Colombia, Paraguay, Uruguay and Panama.
Besides authentication and electronic signature mechanisms, the PKI also provides mechanisms for data encryption and communication protection, which includes electronic messaging. Safelayer's range complements the authentication and electronic signature platform with encryption and encryption key management (EKM) services, which provide a framework for the integration and centralized management of the data protection policies.
Technology for EU Directive on e-Identification and e-Signatures compliance
Safelayer's identification and electronic signature platform is one of the most complete solutions in its category:
- It supports developing trusted security services for infrastructures that have to provide Very High and High Authentication Assurance levels (*)
- Complies with the different regulations on electronic signature and authentication in the different countries
(*) Very High and High Authentication Assurance levels (LoA) according OMB/NIST 800-63-1 classification"Electronic Authentication Guideline". Incoming ISO/IEC CD 29115 standard “Entity authentication assurance framework”