The electronic signature allows emulating the traditional handwritten signature. Thus, it is an essential tool for improving the efficiency of the processes and the development of new business channels, basically, for automating processes.
The electronic signature is governed by Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014 on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market and repealing Directive 1999/93/EC.
Safelayer's technology and expertise acquired in projects in a range of fields ideally qualify it for deploying the e-signature in corporate processes and adapting the e-signature to the regulations found around the world, including in Europe and Latin America.
Safelayer’s E-signature Solution
The process of authenticating or verifying the identity of the signer occurs prior to electronic signing. For instance, accessing the documents to be signed or bank account information requires that first the signer proves their identity with a password, an OTP or a digital certificate. The signature solution itself can provide a set of authentication methods or federation mechanisms for the recognition of third parties and other identities.
The electronic signature generation process requires presenting the document or data for the transaction to the signer and them providing their consent. The solution may provide multiple signature schemes (e.g., using software certificates, mobile devices, server signature or smart cards) that can be used depending on the appropriateness of the level of assurance they provide, user experience (UX) and the type of business process.
The electronic signature verification process requires managing the trust of different digital certificates and validation systems at the local or global level, both those of governments and third parties. Furthermore, the electronic evidence used for the verification and audit log for demonstrating the validity of the signatures must be kept over time.
Lastly, support for the standards and integration capability are critical aspects that must be resolved by e-signature solutions. The use of the different formats and standards facilitates the interoperability of the processes, and the use of straightforward technology broadly extended across the entire development community, with which infinite human resources are familiar, guarantee the highest level of success at the lowest cost of integration.
TrustedX Platform: a Comprehensive Identity and E-signature Solution
Safelayer's products offer a range of configurations for integrating electronic signature and identification processes in different scenarios ranging from the corporate world to Trusted Services Providers (TSP) and citizens.
- Boost to the development of applications and the mobility of signature processes. Fosters the development of use cases with current and widely used integration mechanisms and new, increasingly common, use contexts, such as Web applications and mobile devices.
- Improved user experience (UX). Straightforward use mechanisms for users (both corporate and citizen users) such as the use of mobile devices and Web technologies that do not require installing plug-ins or Java applications.
- Identity fraud protection. Authentication and signature methods that provide high security levels. Recognition of other eID methods and management of the levels of assurance they provide.
- Brand enhancement strategy. Contributes to brand enhancement via the incorporation of a customizable component in the user's mobile device that they authenticate and sign with (Safelayer's Mobile ID).
- Safelayer's TrustedX eIDAS. Provides users (employees or citizens) with an identification, authentication and electronic-signature infrastructure for use via Web applications. In addition to authentication functionality, the platform provides server and mobile-device signature services. It is an integral solution for deploying the new eIDAS trust services.
- TrustedX for Electronic Signature. Provides a complete range of Web services for integrating the e-signature in applications. Designed to centrally incorporate e-signature generation, verification and complete mechanisms in accordance with the standards of ETSI CAdES, XAdES and PAdES.