Safelayer Mobile ID is an innovative identification system based on smartphones and tablets. It provides protection against identity fraud without requiring an additional authenticator (e.g., matrix card, OTP device or smart card).
- Strong authentication for accessing Web resources.
- Electronic document signing (e.g., PDF documents).
- Confirmation of electronic transaction via mobile.
The advantages of Safelayer's mobility solution lie in its ease-of-use, integration capability and support for a wide range of scenarios:
- The user simply downloads the Mobile ID app from Apple App Store or Google Play and starts creating and registering their credentials in a straightforward manner.
- In mobile devices, it can be used for authenticating and signing in any browser or native application.
- The user can also use it from another device (e.g., their PC) without requiring additional software or hardware.
- When using it from another device, the user receives a push notification when they have to authenticate or sign something.
- Available in app and SDK version for integration with corporate mobile apps.
- Integrated with the TrustedX authentication/eIDAS platform. Integration in applications is done using current Web standards.
- Uses public key cryptography and PIN protection to provide high levels of trust.