After almost four years of research, the "Security and Trust in the Information Society" project, also known as Segur@, has reached its end. The project was partially funded by the Spanish Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology's CENIT programme, (reference CENIT-2007 2004).
- The definition of the PKI architecture that will support the deployment of the second generation electronic passport.
- The advance in user-centric identity management.
- The design and validation of innovative authentication mechanisms that, while still being user-friendly, provide a level of security that is proportional to the risk.
- The application of semantic technologies to improve trust, focusing mainly on the following use cases: Digital Rights Management, semantic digital signature, authentication level of assurance, PKI keys usage and access control.
- The creation and storage of and access to electronic evidences.
The project’s most important results include the prototype implementation of innovative applications, the integration of diverse technologies and direct contribution to international standards, including interoperability tests with other developers.