Following an agreement signed by the two companies, which will materialize in the coming weeks with the presentation of the TrustedX Security Show-Room.
Safelayer, a leading European company in PKI technology for electronic signature, digital identity and data encryption management, has signed a deal with Spain's National Communications Technology Institute (INTECO) to promote security technologies and increase usage among Spanish companies.
Under the agreement, Safelayer and INTECO will work together and develop their relationship in the framework of the Security Show-Room for SMEs to provide one another with the necessary information and assistance in order to carry out the steps designed to achieve this objective.
INTECO and Safelayer will also promote training and awareness efforts with a view to developing the Information Security culture within SMEs. Additionally, the two companies will adopt the necessary measures for ensuring that development, as well as organizing events for analyzing and disseminating the contents agreed upon, publicizing good ICT practices, and making joint presentations of the results and details of the projects.
“This agreement is part of the INTECO strategy, whereby it has launched its Security Show-Room for SMEs, a tool that will make it possible to identify and analyze the security solutions and tools presently being developed in Spain and deliver them to our broad corporate user base", said Adrián Moure, executive vice president of marketing, sales and alliances, and assistant general manager of Safelayer. "It will also help to boost national and international recognition of Spanish technology in the area of information security, where in many sectors we lead the way”, added Moure during the signing of the agreement. Safelayer has recently been bestowed with the TeleTrust Innovation Award 2007, given out by TeleTrusT Deutschland, a German organization that, through its more than 90 members, selects a winner among products from European companies that have developed or utilize information technologies, software or online services considered innovative and trustworthy for electronic commerce and administration.
According to Enrique Martínez, General Manager of INTECO, “It is essential to promote collaboration ties and alliances with Spain's security technology industry, as the main objective is to have the best products reach our corporate user base, so as to satisfy their needs and help solidify the development of their businesses. Safelayer is exemplary of the emerging Spanish ICT industry, whose success is being validated by the awards recognising the quality of its products”.
Security Show-Room for SMEs (CDDS)
The Security Show-Room for SMEs currently offers a wide range of software and hardware, as well as a team of experts in the areas of analysis, research and testing of security solutions for SMEs, all of which are necessary for carrying out a number of activities, including:
- Evaluating, testing and demonstrating a wide variety of secure network configurations for different types of needs, allowing for real testing and effectiveness verification, and resulting in a complete catalogue of security solutions and services geared toward the small and medium enterprise.
- Analyzing and testing a variety of security solutions through in-depth study of the security solutions currently on the market.
- Offering manufacturers the chance to evaluate their security products in different environments and configurations, when they are unable to do so at their own facilities.
- Serving as a platform for manufacturers to present their respective security solutions to distributors and/or SMEs looking to acquire their products.
- Running IT security awareness campaigns aimed at SMEs and technology workshops to more effectively demonstrate the problems affecting Spanish SMEs on a daily basis and the technology solutions currently on the market.
- Offering courses, seminars, etc., to help increase the familiarity of SMEs with the issue of Information Security.
INTECO (Instituto Nacional de Tecnologías de la Comunicación, S.A.) is a public entity wholly belonging to Red.es, a government-owned company pertaining to the Spanish Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade through the State Secretariat for Telecommunications and the Information Society. The company was founded to facilitate Spain's convergence with Europe in the Information Society by developing innovative ICT projects and promoting regional development in León through a globally oriented project.
Safelayer Secure Communications S.A. is a Spanish company established in May 1999, devoted to manufacturing security software solutions for managing digital identity, electronic signature and data protection. The company has developed all of its technology in Spain and is currently Spanish market leader in security. Today, Safelayer technology sustains the three highest certification and digital identification projects in the country: the Spanish Royal Mint or FNMT, DNI-e (e-ID) and Digital Passport.
Similarly, Safelayer technology guarantees the NATO e-mail system. Its technology, based on open standards, is characterised by its strength, simplicity and flexibility and it is endorsed by the Common Criteria EAL2 and EAL4+ maximum quality certifications.